Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Fair and Peace

Went to the fair yesterday with the girls. They had a blast. We even met up with some friends there and literally were there from a little after noon to after 9:30 pm. It was crazy but fun. My kids laughed. I missed their laughter. It had been absent for a few months.

I tried blaming their unhappiness on other people and our circumstances. However, I need to accept that the peace in our home is dictated by myself or my husband, who is our priest and leader.

I am not sure why we as humans take our eyes off of God, but we do. If we just kept the focus straight everything would fall into line.

After reading Dueteronomy 28:1-2, which says, "Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country."

If we can keep our focus on Him and follow His ways then we will be blessed! BLESSED! Laughter would fill the home at all times and everywhere we go and everything we touch would be touched by God. However, according to Dueteronomy 28:15-16, disobedience has consequence.

"But it shalkl come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you. Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the country."

Somehow, we got off track and onto the track of disobedience. I know what I was supposed to do, and I know what my husband was supposed to do. But we disobeyed and then peace left our home and the cursing came in. Now, we are in despair. I know what the Word said about blessings and cursings. We were unhappy and sick ALL the TIME!! I was down for seven weeks sick and barely able to do anything. And that chapter kept repeating itself over and over again in my mind. Panic attacks and anxiety crept in. Oh, Lord, how miserable I had become. How did I get out? How do I get out from under these curses? I loved God I did, and I know my husband did. But I didn't know how to get out. Despair grew deeper, and demonic torment started in all of our dreams. I couldn't cry out to God in my dreams. I kept crying out to God, but I didn't know a way out.... Night after sleepness night. And when I did sleep it was so unrestful.

Even the flex card is now almost used up....GOD GOD WHERE ARE YOU???????? I can't see you anymore? I can't feel you? I don't want to go to hell! I don't want to suffer anymore? I can't hear you! God help me..... I thought there was no way out. I thought there was no end. I even started trying to reach out to certain prayer warriors for help and hoping for even a rebuke. I got prayer, but no answer to a way out.

Next thing I knew my phone started playing Ron Kenoly. He was singing a scripture. I couldn't keep up with it so I Bible-gatewayed it to follow along. I was led to the scripture found in 2 Chronicles 7:14 which says,

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Great, I thought. It's not too late. My doom isn't sealed. I am His, I was bought at a price, and if I humble myself and pray and seek His face, and turn from my disobedience, then He will hear from heaven. He will HEAR FROM HEAVEN! Thank You, Lord. And He will forgive our sin and heal my land.

Easy enough verse, right? I'm so glad He sent it. But seeking His face is hard when the house if full and people are coming. However, I am not letting excuses be in my way. I needed peace, my kids needed joy and peace. Thank the Lord, He heard me. And He sent me who needed to see me. Now, yesterday, I realized - fully realized- that God is in the process of healing our land in our home. My kids were laughing and smiling and having a good time. I could still feel the enemy trying to put doubts in us, and I could still sense him coming at us, but then I remember that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. And NO weapon - NO WEAPON formed against us shall prosper. If God is for us then who can be against us. I know I am surrounded by God's army.

And I have asked God for forgiveness and I pray I do not go back into disobedience and I ask for the Spirit of the Lord to guide me each day. I have to make time for my Lord. He kept His end and brought peace back. I can't believe how quickly we were restored. The process isn't over, but the peace in our home is amazing and I can't afford to lose it. I stopped blaming others and accepted responsiblity for my home and God heard me. It's not too late for any of us. He is here and will Hear from heaven if we follow those steps. God bless!

No comments: