Monday, July 16, 2012

Time with my Father!

Do you ever get tired of battling the same issue over and over? Do you ever wander why we keep going around the same mountain and can't seem to get off? Sometimes I wonder how to get it "right" so I can just stop fighting the current battle. I have quoted the scripture, read the scripture, and done all the appropriate things. When my kids get sick, I annoint them with oil, pray over them and cast the spirits of infirmity out of my house. I journal, I write, I read books on spirituality, I stopped listening to secular music, I sent the kids to VBS and make sure they are at church service every Sunday. Not to mention, we read to them every night out of the Bible and discuss any questions and all questions.

What am I leaving out? Oh yeah, how about prayer. I mean, I pray every day. I pray over my food, I pray over my friends and family, I pray over those in authority, etc. But do I actually interact with my Lord?

I want to say yes, I do. I want to say I do everything He asks of me and I talk to Him. But how much time am I spending being busy for Him, and following the rules versus how much time do I spend on my knees in prayer? How about intercession?

I realize that even though I shout out prayers and I do pray, I'm so busy talking to Him and it's not any real time in prayer. I've been guilty of that. I was reading in Psalm today (and I've been praying alot because of the amount of sickness that has entered into my home and my family. I was crying to God about how I've annointed the kids, I've prayed and I've rebuked. I've done everything that has been asked of me, so what is the problem?) and God said to me through the Psalm, "Be still and know that I am God!"

I have been so busy doing everything else and saying wordy prayers, but I've not been on my knees and really giving Him His personal time, and I have not been quiet enough to hear what He has to say. I know part of it is I am afraid of His answer, but I still need to give my Father His time and the time on my knees with Him. How can I expect to help others and teach others when infact, I'm not living it myself? Our time with God is crucial.

It could be the difference of the wheat and the tares one day. I don't want to be a tare, do you? Here's what I am throwing out to you and to me. Let's just say before we speak anymore death or negativity (life and death is in the tongue), let's go to God. Really go to God. Let's get back to the old fashioned prayer meetings. Let's claim our homes for the heavenlies and not only talk about prayer, but be a living example. Especially in our homes.

Too busy you say? Too much to do in the day? You're working all day and you are just too tired? There are too many activities going on during your day? Well, I say this to you. If you have time to read a book, sit by a pool and get rays, watch television, go to the movies, go shopping, have lunch with a friend, and even sit and crochet, then you can give God a few minutes of your time.

It would be horrible to go through the motions and do all the work, yet not make it into heaven because you never developed a relationship with Jesus Christ and never spent time communicating with Him. I know I'm guilty and I know these messages sometimes are harsh, but when I'm woken up I have to obey or I can't go back to sleep. And when I have questioned whether or not I am doing the right thing, I get an email or a text saying that spoke to them.

So God loves you. He loves you enough to wake me up to give me these messages. And they are not just for you, they are for me as well. I am going to pray right now and I ask you to join me as a first step. Then you can kneel on your own time in your own place.

"Father in heaven I come before you, humbled. I ask that You forgive me for ignoring the most importan being in my life - YOU! I ask that when I sit around and am wasting time or am not being a good time manager, I ask that You remind me that You are there listening. I want more than anything to walk through those gates and have You say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" I want to sit at Your feet in heaven and worship You all the time. Lord, I long to be one with You. I want to spend the time with You and I am sorry life has gotten in the way. The first step to being a good wife and mother is to first have a personal relationship with You. I thank You for Your forgiveness and I receive it in Jesus' Name. To You be all Glory and Honor forever and ever. Amen!"

Now go and spend some time with God, social networking can wait. Love you all!

No comments: