Monday, July 30, 2012

Child in my bed.

My youngest is obsessed with my husband as of late. She is nine years old, the size of a seven year old, and when she sleeps in our bed takes up room like an adult! My little princess just can't seem to get enough of my husband now. I am so use to her being mommy's girl, but Daddy has over taken the role, and oddly I am not jealous.

There have been so many changes in our lives over the last two years - some good and some bad - and we have had our ups and downs. I did not stop to think about what it would do to a small child. I know that each and every decision we make doesn't affect just us, but I did not realize how much one decision could affect those loved ones in our household.

I know she will get through this and be back to normal in no time. But my heart still breaks when I hear her talk about her old bedroom in our old house, or how things use to be when we had our cat (even though that cat was mean to her and hurt her all the time). Then when my eldest got pregnant and had a baby, moved out on not the greatest terms, mom getting sick and moving in, elder sister breaking up with boyfriend and moving back home, then mommy getting really sick (scared her to death), and then everyone leaving home. So many things we do affect others. The biggest thing though is how I have responded myself to the changes. If my example and my walk was complete trust in our Lord and Savior, why does my daughter worry so? If my example was walking in the Spirit at all times, then would my daughter be stressed? I think I have a problem.

Too many times I lay my problems at the alter and get prayer, but then I am worrying about them again a couple of days later. I guess I have been teaching my children to trust in God and not worry about problems, but I haven't been doing what the Word says.

The Word says to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." I

guess I need to repeat this scripture because I have come to realize that those around us watch us and learn from our actions. If I am a true example and really following the Word, then my kids would not be this worried or stressed about changes. Changes are good. We will be changed in the blink of an eye - SOON. And I want to be ready and I want all three of my children and all of my loved ones with me. If I trust in the Lord with all my heart and not look on my surroundings, and acknowledge Him, He will make my path straight. When I go to take my problems back from God, I need to remember that He has it under control and I just need to praise Him and thank Him for taking care of them. God is never late. He promises to take care of us.

I wish I have been living this truth for the last two years, but I can't change the past. I need to move forward. So this day forward, I need to set a good example of trusting in my Lord and not worrying about the circumstances because I can't see with God's eyes, and my eyesight is limited. But if I truly believe the Word and follow it, then my children will follow suit. They will not know any better.

God forgive me for my unbelief and fill my heart with Your grace. Allow me to follow Your Word and be a Woman of God that You have called me to be. And please let Lissie go back to her bed! Thank You! Amen. Thanks for listening/reading. May the Lord guide you.

No comments: