Monday, April 2, 2007

Weekly Courage

Another Monday morning. I can't believe how fast time flies. Spring break was fun but not nearly long enough. I loved not having to run my kids and the kids I watch everywhere. It was nice to get caught up on other things and go on outings.

However, vacation time is over. It is time for life to present itself and there is much to do. Thankfully, I can face this Monday knowing my God is with me. I can face this week knowing that my God is giving me strength and courage. He tells me in his Word that He is with me with each step I take. He is with me with each cookie I bake. He is there to watch me make a mistake, and to guide me to fix it. He is there to forgive me when I sin, and to love me inspite of all of my faults. He is there at night when I go to sleep. I love that. My Lord is always here.

I better make sure I am always aware of Him being there. Sometimes we can forget that. When we forget that He is always there, we open doors to make decisions that will affect us and can possibly hurt us and Him as well. By remembering that He is ALWAYS there, we can make better decisions. If we still make the wrong ones knowing He is there, then there is still rebellion in us and we need to check ourselves.

But I am encouraged because His Word leaves us with some encouraing scriptures to guide us and to help us remember that He is always there:

"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strenghten you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous hand." - Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Wow. Praise the Lord for that. He will strengthen me and help me. Thank You, Lord for that promise I intend to make sure I receive!!! I can be strengthened any time I need it by remembering this verse.

He also says:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27 (KJV)

Thanks for Your peace, Dear Lord. I thank You for leaving it with me. Thanks for telling me I do not need to be afraid of anything life throws at me, because You are leaving me with peace. I love this peace and I take it with me as I go through this day. To You be all glory and honor!

Have an awesome week! I love you all!

3 comments:

Jenny W said...

our church does a 72 hour prayer storm the first week of every month, and appropriately enough this week the theme is "the empty tomb." spent this morning INSIDE OF IT. yes it's paper mache and yes highway 30 is right outside...but to sit inside of an empty tomb full of candles, listening to worship music, thanking God that my God is not dead...that's a good way to start the morning... :)

Unknown said...

That does sound amazing. That puts you so much more in touch with the resurrection. Getting closer to God is such a milestone for all of us. We can never get too close. I'm glad you were able to do that. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.