Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Children!

My how our children make our days - or not. I love my children with my entire being. I really do. There is nothing to remind how much you love them as finding out one of them fell off one of those moon walk slides and you have to take her to the ER to make sure she's okay. (Thank God it was just a sprained elbow.) Or when you take your daughter to the doctor for a cold and find out she's been suffering from asthma attacks (she's fine too), or finally, having your baby sent to a hospital in Chicago because the doctors can't help her go to the bathroom and she's in misery (she ended up healed as well).

Whew, why do these kids try to cause us so much worry when the Lord specifically said to not worry in the new testament? Is it a test? Is it a trial? Is it for the shaping of our character? Or maybe, just maybe God wants us to lean on Him and trust in Him. I for one must really need to learn to do that. My oldest was diagnosed with Asthma, and she has barely suffered at all this year. My middle child, Gabby, fell off the moon walk on Friday at a birthday party, and only sprained her elbow. Thank the Lord for that because we all (including the doctors) thought it was fractured. And Elis had a long time battle with her bowels -from the time of birth - and has some how miraculously overcome it.

So I am learning to lean upon the Lord without much understanding because His ways are not my ways, and they are past my understanding. All I know is through every trial and test that I have gone through, I have come out of it. Some I won, and some I didn't come out so well in. However, I have come out none the less. I would have won them all if I obeyed the Word each time and trusted in my God without worry. Worry just seems to follow some of us.

I started to worry a little on Sunday about this house hunting thing. It's taking so much longer than I anticipated. But a wonderful, wise woman (my pastor's wife) reminded me that I know better than that (to have that attitude). She reminded me that God knows what is best for me and He has everything planned and picked out. I just need to (ugh) WAIT on Him and put my trust in Him.

If I take her advice, then He takes the worry away and He takes my cares upon Himself. So I will trust in the Lord with all my heart, and I will not lean on my own understanding. I will not worry about what I cannot accomplish today - because if He can take care of a little sparrow, then I know He can take care of me.

Gina

No comments: