Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Beginnings

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on here. My life has been crazy and I still need to update, huh. It's good for my senses.

My family has made some decisions in the last few weeks that have been hard, and not fun, but necessary. I also have never realized just how much my husband loves me until the last few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I have never doubted that he loves me. I just did not realize how deep his love is for me until now. For example, I was in a situation where I was being taken advantage of and had been enduring some things through a "friend" of the family. My husband rushed in like a knight in shining armor and took care of the situation. I couldn't have handled it as Christ like as he did or as well. And that is just one example.

As far as the new beginnings. Where do I begin? Back in February I noticed the neighborhood had changed over the winter. This place hasn't been great in ages, but I genuinely started to fear for the children's safety. We decided to pray and pursue buying a house. Right away the realtor started showing us houses based on what one lender had said. Then the lender stopped returning calls, and we couldn't figure out what was going on. They just kept saying, "You're work should be done in a week." Luckily, our realtor was a good, christian woman looking out for me and gave us the number for her friend. We called her and found out the situation almost seemed hopeless. So for four months we have been working and working to fix the credit report (having the same name as other family members can be not a good thing). Anyway, so two weeks ago, the lender called the realtor and told her that we should hear something withing the next couple of weeks and to prepare us. So we made an appointment for this past Thursday. To make a long story short, Thursday come and our loan still hadn't gone through, but Diane (the realtor) still wanted to show the houses. The two we thought we wanted turned out to be someone else's wastelands. When we walked into the last house (it was only the fifth one), my husband and I both heard the Lord say, "this is your house." I told my husband, he said the same thing happened to him, and the realtor said she could have sworn she did as well. We looked around and fell in love with the place. So we figured as soon as we got the paperwork we would put a bid on it.

Now here is where God tests us. He told us the house was ours did He not? The realtor calls ruben later and said that someone had put a bid on the house, and they were reviewing the offers (there were three total) at 3:30 p.m. She talked to Linda (the lendor) and decided it was safe to write up an offer. So my husband and the realtor wrote up an offer and I was devastated thinking that it would take a miracle for the house to become ours. So, not wanting to be one of those people who claim to hear God and then back down from it, my friend and I were driving and started praying over the house about 3:15.

God told us this house was for us. His sheep hear His voice. I did not even care about the other offers. If God wanted us to have this house, this house was ours! I just decided to relax.

Here is how my God answers. Ruben calls me at 4. The loan went through at 3:00 and they accepted our offer at 3:30 and are paying our closing costs as well! Praise the Lord!

How many of us can say, "I started looking inside houses, got the loan, made an offer, and got it accepted all in one day!" It was God. The house also has already passed inspection, and we should close by the middle of July. How awesome is that!

So now I am not babysitting at the moment, and God knew why. I've been trying to pack and get this place in order. I don't have a lot to do because God told me to start packing months ago. I endured ridicule for packing before I had any pre-approved loans, but I had to do what God told me to do. There were times I questioned whether or not this was going to happen or whether or not I had heard God. However, I had a check in my spirit and had to follow orders. Now God is getting the last laugh, because if I had not done all that, I would be up a creek without a paddle now. I'd have too much to do.

We may not understand His ways, but we are to obey them. Everything will play itself out in the end. I am so glad that for once I listened to God over my friends' logic. Because now I can move in peace and not in panic.

Thank you, Lord for making this possible for us and for all Your blessings on us! To you be all glory and honor.

Oh yeah, we got a pool too!

2 comments:

Jenny W said...

new beginnings are good. congratulations on the house...and on being obedient!

Unknown said...

Thanks. I've never owned a house before. This is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.