Monday, January 28, 2013

Lazy days of Winter

It has been so long since I have blogged. I would love to give an excuse, but it turns out I have just been enjoying the lazy days of winter. Or even worse, playing facebook games. I need to just ban all games from my facebook because they are so time consuming and what do they profit me? Lack of laundry being done, lack of vacuuming, etc.

I am not the normal person who can just play for a bit and then move on to the next. I get in 100% and get addicted. I tend to do that in many areas of my life. I give it all and give it all and become consumed by it. I have learned that my behavior isn't normal. So I am working on moderation and balance in my life.

That is one of my goals for 2013: I am going to learn how to balance all areas of my life in a normal way and do all things in moderation. Including eating. That one is a struggle for me as well.

Another goal for me is to get as many free Bibles and pass them out to children/people who can't always afford nice new Bibles by using the Tyndale Rewards program. I have already gotten a child a book with it for free and now I'm dedicating the rest of my points to Bibles. In a free country like ours, there is no need for anyone to go without a Bible. If you are interested in helping, the link is: www.TyndaleRewards.com

I have many goals and I will be trying to be realistic with them and will mention a new one with each blog and maybe even describe how I intend to meet those goals. My first one on moderation and balance will be a daily surrender and an accountability partner. The second one, will be to keep trying to earn points as the year progresses.

Well, as the new year begins, and all of our goals begin, so does the busyness of everyday life. We are in the middle of a gymnastic season, and church season, and school, and family. However, family should be at the front and not the back. As busy as life gets, do not forget the Lord and your families. Because everything else will fall by the wayside, but families and God are forever!

Have a great day!

No comments: